Table of Contents
Hi, my name is Cory Ames.
I am 23 years old and live in the San Antonio, TX area (relatively). There are many things that can identify me:
- I grew up in Spokane, WA
- I attended Gonzaga University for 2.5 years
- I am conversationally fluent in Spanish and have ambitions to learn more languages.
- I’ve lived in Spain, Mexico, Argentina, Ecuador, and the U.S.
- I’ve traveled to; Spain, Italy, Germany, Ireland, Holland, Thailand, Mexico, Ecuador, Argentina and Canada and have ambitions to travel more.
- I withdrew from Gonzaga University at age 20 to pursue work in a digital marketing company
- After 18 months I became the CEO of this multi-million dollar digital marketing company.
- After a short time, I resigned and decided to explore future work and a life of less obligation.
- I love trying and sampling new things.
- I love reading and learning.
- I have a wonderfully supportive family.
- I have a kick-ass, brilliant girlfriend.
These are all things that may identify me, but I’m trying to refrain from identifying with too many of them. I’m practicing keeping my identity small.
There are a few that I will always identify as; loving partner, son, brother and student, while others I will consider just phases of my life; CEO, college student, Spokanite, etc.
My intent here at Coryames.com is to share more of my writing, thinking and what it is that I’m working on, as I’m going through “trying on” different identities and experiences (work, travel, learning), while seeking permanence and growth in my cemented identities and experiences (relationships, friendships, student).
Cory is an __________. At the age of 20, Cory dropped out from Gonzaga University to aggressively pursue a professional career in digital marketing. In 18 months Cory went from part-time Project Manager Assistant to CEO of a then multi-million dollar marketing agency with over 20 full-time employees. Cory grew up in Washington State and has lived in Spain, Argentina, Mexico, Ecuador and now Austin, Texas.
Cory has spoken at a conference of 250 business owners in Bangkok, Thailand and Google Campuses in the Austin area on effectiveness, well-being, and fulfillment in work.
Cory is an ambitious student. He is conversationally fluent in Spanish, reads voraciously and enjoys writing and thinking. Also, he loves to travel and see more of the world.
Learn more about Cory from Interviews:
- TMBA 363: The Value of Apprenticeships
- Spotlight: Cory Ames
- How an Ideal Mentorship Can Teach You More than College
The Following Companies/Organizations Have Hosted Cory: